Sunday, April 26, 2009

.Music.

Have you ever really listened to the music in movies? I'm not talking about musicals. I'm talking about the background music. No movie is the same without the background music. Have you ever watched a scary movie on mute? Yeah, it's not the same at all! How about a really romantic scene? The first kiss maybe. If there's no music, there's no drama. I know that we don't have background music in our real lives, but no one is watching us like we watch people in movies. Music helps set the mood in the movie. How boring would the first credits be if we didn't have music? We would just have to sit there in the movie theater, waiting for something to happen. People would start coming ten minutes late to the movie just to skip the boring silence. Now since we have music, it is not that boring. We get to sit and listen to a wonderful song while the credits play. Music makes life a lot better!

1 comment:

  1. I believe soundtracks are some of my favorite things. I love good movie soundtracks. One of my most recent favorites was P.S. I Love you and Elizabethtown. I know they are both kind of chick flicks, but the music in them is very unique! I agree with you about the power of music! How can a writer incorporate that in what they do?

    Mrs. Scott

    ReplyDelete