Monday, March 16, 2009

.Milking Cows.

Not very many people get to experience this wonderful thing. Since this is the case, I will gladly tell my own experiences.
I started milking when I was about in 2ND grade. The little kids, Madelyn, me , Luke, and Matthew, would pretty much be out there for company to the older kids. When I started, all I could do was the dipping. I always touched the cows leg before I dipped so the cow knew I was there. Bad Idea. They were used to my dad just going without touching them. I would usually get kicked. It didn't hurt very much, but it scared the crap out of me. When I got a little older, I started wiping. This was not a very easy process. You have to get all the dipping stuff off. I wasn't very good at this. The next thing I learned was how to put the milker on. This was the hardest of all. You had to push the button, hold the milker in one hand, and hurry and put all the sucker things on. It was very hard if you were short because you couldn't reach the far ones. After the milker comes off, you have to dip again. I forgot to mention that sometimes, when the cow kicks you, you drop the dipping stuff and it gets all over your clothes! After all the cows are milked, you have to wash out the barn. This was the only thing I was good at.
My first time milking, I was helping Allyson. While she was dipping the cows, she told me to come look at something. Being stupid little me, I came over. Suddenly milked sprayed my face and got me all sticky and wet. I was pretty mad. She told me it happens to everyone and that I should grow up. Another time Madee and I were washing the barn out. We got mad at each other. I had the hose so I decided it would be a good idea to spray her with it. I was wrong. I dropped the hose and ran for my life. She got me soaking wet while I only got a little of her pants. I had to walk to the house freezing my butt off!
These are only two of the many experiences I have with milking. Writing all of them down would probably take all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment